stole borrowed this idea from Jolene Philo at Down the Gravel Road. You can find her post here http://jolenephilo.com/2012/01/top-ten-household-innovations/. I know I could come up with more, but here are 10 things (in no particular order) I LOVE that generations past were not blessed with.
1. Pick-a-Size Paper Towels – These are awesome. Some spills require a dozen of them, but other times a 1/2 a paper towel will get the job done. I love my Brawny Pick-a-Size.
2. Mini-Van DVD Player. If you have kids you know why this is on my list.
3. Dishwasher. Anything that shortens the time I have to spend in my kitchen is tops in my book. I love my dishwasher. (I also love my after- supper-dishwasher-loaders. Their names are Carter and Owen.)
4. Universal Remote. If your husband was as in love with electronics as mine, you would totally understand this one. All I have to do is push one button and everything I need to get a movie started turns on.
5. Velcro Shoes. My boys (excluding Lewis) know how to tie their shoes, but there were many mornings in their early years of school that I thanked God for that amazing invention.
6. Tissues with Lotion. Totally worth the extra pennies for these. Bye- Bye red ouchie nose.
7. Pre-Grated Cheese. See number 3. I am like the anti-homemaker. The kitchen is not my favorite place.
8. Heated Tile. This seemed like such a frivolous thing when Corey decided to install it in our bathroom, but my feet love it so very much on cold winter mornings.
9. Laser Level. Corey’s level has saved my walls from many extra holes.
10. Netflix Streaming – Yes Netflix. Technically, this may not be a “household innovation,” but TV without commercials is awesome! Pretty much the only thing our family actually watches on TV is the NFL and college basketball. I remember when I started college at ISU in 1994 and was told I had to get an email address. I had NO IDEA what that was. Oh how the world has changed since then.
So tell me – Are there any household innovations you’d hate to live without? I’d like to hear about them. Especially the ones that would save me some time and effort in the kitchen!