1. Pee outside. Seriously, this is the view from the commode at our first potty break. I doubt there’s a 5-star hotel out there that can boast of a view like this from the toilet.
2. Bathe in deet. It feels like it anyway. Nothing like rubbing 98% deet all over every exposed part of my body to fend off armies of killer mosquitos.
3. Drink water that looks like this. Filtered from Cross River, Corey assured me it was safe to drink. I trusted him and survived, so I guess he was telling the truth.
4. Get very excited about super lightweight camping items. This cute little Big Agnes two-man tent weighs just over 2 lbs. I always roll my eyes when Corey buys a lighter weight version of something he already owns, but I sure appreciate it when I’m carrying it on my back.
5. Endure tired feet and sore muscles for an occasional incredible view. Like these of Lake Superior and Temperance River rapids.
Our trip was less than ideal in many ways that I’m not going to take the time to elaborate on now, but it was an adventure for sure. And nothing beats an adventure with Corey Harms.