According to Goodreads I read 46 books this year. Several of them were boy-meets-girl-who-just-inherited-a-run-down-coastal-bed-and-breakfast fluff because you just need to read some predictable unrealistic love stories when you are experiencing a year of unparalleled yuckiness. My top 5 are not fluff.
- This is Going to Hurt is both hilarious and a bit sad. I listened to this on audio and laughed out loud multiple times.
- The Silent Patient is a page-turner. Super-unique story premise and I was totally taken by surprise at the end.
- Marley & Me is endearing. Somewhere along the line I guess I became a dog person.
- This Too Shall Last was a hard but necessary read for me this year. It helped me adjust my perspective on the hard things in life.
- Braving Chemo is a perfectly packaged arsenal of information for those facing chemotherapy. I didn’t read it straight through but kept it handy and read the pieces I needed when I needed them. (This was so helpful that I put a link for purchasing it on my helpful resources page.)