I read. A lot. Probably more than I should. (But the pros and cons of my reading addiction are a topic for another day.)
The subject of Books I’m Reading has come up in multiple conversations over the past few weeks, so I thought I’d share (an incomplete) list of the book-worlds I plan to immerse myself in this summer.
1. Bird By Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott (WRITING)
2. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr (HISTORICAL FICTION: WWII ERA)
3. Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson with Cecil Murphey (MEMOIR)
4. The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom (HISTORICAL FICTION: PRE-CIVIL WAR ERA)
5. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King (WRITING)
6. Hollow City By Ransom Riggs (YA FICTION)
7. A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller (MEMOIR)
8. The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy (HISTORICAL FICTION: WWII ERA)
9. Committed But Flawed: Seeking Fresh Ways to Grow Spiritually by Cecil Murphey (SPIRITUAL GROWTH)
10. This is Not a Writing Manual: Notes for the Young Writer in the Real World by Kerri Majors (WRITING)
11. I Survived the Nazi Invasion by Lauren Tarshis (HISTORICAL FICTION FOR KIDS)
12. What Your Son Isn’t Telling You: Unlocking the Secret World of Teen Boys by Michael Ross and Susie Shellenberger (PARENTING)
Please free to share more books-to-read ideas with me.