Nature Proclaims – christiandevotions.us
I am excited be the writer of the August 5 devo at Christian Devotions. If that site brought you to this blog, welcome.
My devo, Nature Proclaims, was a result of the first backpacking trip my crazy husband convinced me to take with him. (We’ve since gone on 4 additional trips; 2 as a couple and 2 as a family.)
I went through my old writings and found a few photos and a list I wrote after completing that first trip. Turns out, you can learn quite a lot when you step out of your comfort zone and into the great outdoors.
A few things I learned or was reminded of on our journey:
1. God is a God of tremendous beauty.
2. God is big enough to make lakes so big you can’t see across them, but he still cares about little things like lost cameras (ask Corey about the extra 6 miles he hiked for me).
3. God provides. – Thank you to Kristin and Amos, who allowed two stranded hikers to set up camp on their site.
4. God, not the weatherman, is in control of the weather. Rain was forecasted for our whole trip, and we had sunny upper 60s and 70s all day Saturday and Sunday.
5. I am capable of more than I thought. I hiked 16 miles in one day!!
6. Flush toilets are a beautiful thing. I almost cried when I sat down on an indoor toilet with FOUR rolls of dry toilet paper just waiting there to be used!!
7. The $50 you save by getting a cheap motel at the end of the hiking trip is NOT WORTH IT! (Think dirt, a roach on the curtain and Brady Bunch era bedspreads.)
8. My husband is my VERY BEST FRIEND.
I so enjoy these trips, because they make me appreciate everyday things I normally take for granted.